What's new

Lily on the Table

Hmmmm, not over the top exciting to me. Sometimes straight on flower shots are just not that interesting. I would change your angle or have some fun w/ lighting. Keep shooting!!!
 
The intensity of the background is really bothersome. And like Mishele said, single, straight on flower shots are kinda, well, boring.
 
The background is a wee bit distracting BUT I think the flower looks amazing. Superb lighting and focus. :)
 
Looks nice! Only thing I'd do is clean up the flower a bit.. The mess of pollen on the petals is a little distracting ;)
 
Thank you everyone.

I was set up for some completely different shots last night. As I'd finished, I saw the flowers, and took a couple of shots, and used the only decent thing I had for a background colour, which was the blue (nylon case for the reflector). The flowers were past their best, as you can tell, and had been knocked about a bit by the kids playing on the table, hence the "dings" and pollen everywhere.

Anyway...long story short...I was pleased with the lighting I had with this, but yes, theree are things that need changing when I reshoot i.e. background colour, angle, nicer flowers. :)

I'm on it. :)
 
Thank you everyone.

I was set up for some completely different shots last night. As I'd finished, I saw the flowers, and took a couple of shots, and used the only decent thing I had for a background colour, which was the blue (nylon case for the reflector). The flowers were past their best, as you can tell, and had been knocked about a bit by the kids playing on the table, hence the "dings" and pollen everywhere.

Anyway...long story short...I was pleased with the lighting I had with this, but yes, theree are things that need changing when I reshoot i.e. background colour, angle, nicer flowers. :)

I'm on it. :)

Looks like all you need is to reshoot, as you adressed everything i would have said.

Regards,
Jake
 
Thank you everyone.

I was set up for some completely different shots last night. As I'd finished, I saw the flowers, and took a couple of shots, and used the only decent thing I had for a background colour, which was the blue (nylon case for the reflector). The flowers were past their best, as you can tell, and had been knocked about a bit by the kids playing on the table, hence the "dings" and pollen everywhere.

Anyway...long story short...I was pleased with the lighting I had with this, but yes, theree are things that need changing when I reshoot i.e. background colour, angle, nicer flowers. :)

I'm on it. :)

Looks like all you need is to reshoot, as you adressed everything i would have said.

Regards,
Jake

I'll send the missus out for fresh flowers in the next couple of days, and have another go. :)
 
i like the colors, but like others mentioned the background is a little overwhelming and angle is well you know...
 
The background... the pollen... the dead centre... you know them :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom