What's new

Lines from photoshop? C&C please

caitycaitycaity

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are these lines from? I have been using the Topaz Adjust in Photoshop, I also got these lines on another image when I used the "Blue Skies" option. I'm assuming it has to do with the smart brush tools, any thoughts?

2zqaoux.jpg


Thanks
 
I would guess is probably the tools themselves creating this. Usually if it is an issue of file corruption the lines go horizontal.

Vertical lines might also indicate problems with a jpeg compression algorithm.

Is this happening only with JPEGS or are you getting it after you save it in other formats?
 
It has happened with both .jpg and .psd, I have not saved it in any other formats. Since I posted this thread, it has happened to another photograph that I was working on after I applied effects to the photo, right away, not after I re-opened it.
 
Was the photo originally made as a JPEG or as a RAW data file?

A JPEG can be saved as a .psd in Photoshop but all photos captured as JPEGS have been converted to 8 pixel by 8 pixel blocks and have had up to 80% of the color data discarded before they ever see Photoshop.

Consequently, further editing can reveal interpolation artifacts.
 
The original taken on my camera was a JPEG. I am getting these lines occurring with all of my photos if I make any drastic changes to the photos. For example, some of the Topaz filters, the blue skies option or if I change the background colour completely etc...
 
thanks =) I love it too, but I HATE the lines, I can get them out with the magic eraser tool but... I figured I'd ask it someone could help!!!
 
If you plan to edit the photo (as you have done), I believe that you should be shooting RAW and editing. JPEG is a highly compressed file format and much of the detail in the pic is removed at the time the picture is taken. Whereas RAW retains all of the detail. This makes RAW the best format for editing.

On the otherhand, I am not very good at photo editing. So I see the advantage of JPEG. :)

BTW - I also like the picture. Very nice. :)
 
Well I was travelling for 8 months and did not have the luxury to shoot in RAW as my memory card would have become full quite quickly... I was also told by a friend to just shoot in JPEG as I would not need a RAW file... argh, guess I should not have listened.

At first, I could have erased them out, but now I can't use the spot healing brush, it is not working, the lines just stay!!! help?!
 
What do you think of this fix?
It is not perfect...

2cpyr7d.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom