What's new

Lines, Texture and Shadow

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Emma%20Micca%202014%20-%20015.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thanks, Lew. You know I had considered cropping that... I just hate square pictures. :lol:
 
yes, me too, they seem so contrived.

even a 4 x 5 looks really nice, I think.
Do you name all your benches with these old-fashioned style names?

$Emma-Micca-2014---015ll.webp
 
I really like the lines, texture and processing choices, yum!
I do have a nitpick though ;) I think the issue is the tiny triangle at the bottom, it is so dark and small, almost like a punctuation mark and it draws me back to it over and over again, maybe a touch off the bottom to get rid of it and not interrupt the flow?
 
I really like that shot. I agree with Lew. Crop it to have the roof line cut the image in half. Equal sides would work well, in my opinion.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
yes, me too, they seem so contrived.

even a 4 x 5 looks really nice, I think.
Do you name all your benches with these old-fashioned style names?

View attachment 70351

Yup, that totally works... and I hate it. :lol: I have some weird hangup with the square pics.

And that's not a bench... :) It's actually some stuff they had hanging on a high school wall with lights behind it.

I really like the lines, texture and processing choices, yum!
I do have a nitpick though ;) I think the issue is the tiny triangle at the bottom, it is so dark and small, almost like a punctuation mark and it draws me back to it over and over again, maybe a touch off the bottom to get rid of it and not interrupt the flow?

I didn't notice that... and now... CANNOT UNSEE. :lol: Ok, I'll play with it.

Very nice image.

Thanks!

I really like that shot. I agree with Lew. Crop it to have the roof line cut the image in half. Equal sides would work well, in my opinion.

Thank you!
 
I think the image needs to be rotated a bit, so that the shadow is straight up and down, and THEN cropped to a square! Seriously, the shadow needs to be running from 12 to 6 o'clock.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
The shadow is exactly where I want it.

But I appreciate the idea.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
I'm totally confused now. lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom