Lion? What Lion?

birdstrike

Propera Explora!
Reaction score
Took this one last Christmas in Botswana :mrgreen:

img_4829.jpg

Wow, more people on here that have been to Africa before ... how I would love to go there one day, too!
To experience something like this must have been GREAT!
That lion looks peaceful enough here, his ladies must have brought him enough to eat earlier on ;).

think I'd have to change my pants :lol:

is the man in the white hat asleep?

JEEZ talk about death of the frontiers . . . even africa has been capitalized on.

don't you guys feel like this kind of thing kills the authentic environment and culture of places?

NOT that this would be lots of fun.

lostprophet said:
is the man in the white hat asleep?

No, he's chimping . . . :wink:

Notice that the only one paying real attention is the guide?

OMG, I can't believe there's no protection for the passengers. It's still a carnivorous wild animal ... no way would I wanna get that close without a door/window to protect me.

W.Smith said:
No, he's chimping . . . :wink:
Chimping - exactly! :)

Couple of thoughts. . . If was amazing how blase' people quickly became about being up-close-and-personal with the wildlife. Too many years at Disneyland, it must be.

The wildlife has come to treat the Land Rovers like another harmless large animal. The people inside are, for all purposes, invisible, and don't seem to affect their behavior. Like large travellng blinds. Step out of the vehicle, or even stand up, and it is another story. There were two recent news reports from that part of the world. One woman stepped out of the landrover (unnoticed) and was killed by a lioness (which had to be put down). Another tourist was killed and presumable eaten by a crocodile - all captured on film.

We were forbidden to leave our rooms at night without a guide.

I would say that 80% of the tourists had point-and-shoot cameras. You spend a fortune to travel there and then have no zoom. Go figure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back