Liquid light applicators

Gr8Gazoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well howwwdeedoo!
This is my first post (other than the intro) and I hope someone out there in TPF world can grant me some insight.
I am working on a project that requires printing images on stretched hides. I have the hide part worked out, prepped and stretched them myself, I did.
However, I am having trouble laying a smooth and consistent layer (layers) of liquid light on them. I have tried several different brushes made of many different materials, but the liquid light is not consistent in depth-of-coating; streaking too is an issue (as much it was for me too, in my youth!).
I am 'pretty ok' with an airbrush setup and was wondering if liquid light could be applied in that manner. I was told that liquid light can not come in to contact with only other metal before it is dry, or the "chemical reaction would neutralize the photo-sensitivity of the liquid light". Uhhh, can't you use liquid light to print on metal sheets?
Because the prep and stretching of hide is so time consuming (about 6weeks) for a proper set up, I want to use the hides very sparingly. So, I thought I'd ask here first.
Does anyone have any experience with 'airbrushing' liquid light?
Thanks!

Most reactions

Back