Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

dolina

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) by alabang, on Flickr

The Little Egret is more delicate-looking than any other heron-like bird which occurs in Britain. It is much smaller than a Grey Heron, with snowy white plumage, a long pointed black bill and black legs with strikingly yellow feet.
Habitat

Feeds by the edges of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, brackish lagoons and saltpans. Breeds in waterside trees and bushes.
Behaviour

The plumes which are present in spring serve to emphasise the threat and appeasement gestures given at the nest.
Migration

Most of the European population migrates west and south, mostly to north Africa but also, to an increasing degree, to the european side of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic coasts. After fledging, juveniles disperse almost randomly from July to September. This movement is presumably governed by prevailing feeding conditions.

Source: Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

EXIF: Exif | Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Philippine birds

I really like this. The only thing I would try and do with this would be to clone out the rod that is crossing with the egrets leg. Otherwise it's a fantastic shot and the processing is really well done too.

Thanks Lee. Will do so when I have time. :)

Beautiful bird. Nice shot! I really like.

That one loks strikingly like our Snowy Egret in color and plumage. Is it possible it is one in the same, but as a juvenile and not an adult like this one:

$Snowy Egret in Mating Plumage2.jpg

Indeed it does ceeboy.

Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) by alabang, on Flickr

The Little Egret is more delicate-looking than any other heron-like bird which occurs in Britain. It is much smaller than a Grey Heron, with snowy white plumage, a long pointed black bill and black legs with strikingly yellow feet.
Habitat

Feeds by the edges of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, brackish lagoons and saltpans. Breeds in waterside trees and bushes.
Behaviour

The plumes which are present in spring serve to emphasise the threat and appeasement gestures given at the nest.
Migration

Most of the European population migrates west and south, mostly to north Africa but also, to an increasing degree, to the european side of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic coasts. After fledging, juveniles disperse almost randomly from July to September. This movement is presumably governed by prevailing feeding conditions.

Source: Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

EXIF: Exif | Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Very, very nice. Beautiful colours, detail - everything !
May I ask you what gear are you using?

Most reactions

Back