What's new

Live and breathe your work (5 images)

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Location
Canterbury, UK
This collection doesn;t havea very good title. I was trying to take photos for a category "where I live", and thought that as a PhD student, I really do live in my data... but then i realised that would be stretching hte interpretation a little. So I'll post my collection here instead. I'm very interested to know what you like, and what you wish I had done differently.

1.
radar(1).jpg


2.
radar(2).JPG


3.
radar(3).JPG


4. (when interpreting radar or seismic data, it usually helps to view from an angle to exagerate the patterns of the events)
radar(4).JPG


5.
radar(5).JPG
 
these are interesting. i really like the last one, with your formulas on a post-it. when i was in chem and physics, my data never looked anything like this, although I guess spectrometry could be considered data and there was definitly a "science" to reading those things... are these from a seismograph or something? the paper almost looks textured or 3D
 
Thanks, These are actually Ground Penetrating Radar data collected from a glacier. The dark line across the middle of the profile is the reflection of the signal from the bottom of the glacier. I know these will be appreciated by other geophysicists, but I'm hoping they can be asthetically pleasing with out knowledge of the science. I think I agree that number 5 is the closest at achieving this.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom