Local Choir Performance

mdcrisp2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bikeeurope.org.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are all from a choir performance at my local church about a week ago. I was a lighting engineer for it :)

All scans of prints, then cropped and the dust cloned out. Nothing else so far...

Choir_1_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Choir_2_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Choir_3_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Choir_4_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Piano_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

The underexposures are due to a faulty lens, but I really like the effect it gives, so I figured I'd post 'em anyway :D

Rip 'em apart!

The 1 and 2 are blurry pictures. I don't know what kind of light were used and what camera, but the photos are too warm in reds. Maybe it was the light.
I say this because my camera does not do this.

OK maybe you do want this effect in the first place so that is different story.

Apart from the fact that the colours are all wrong (but very wrong), I am not too fond of the focus on the piano player and not on the choir in the first two, and it is just too obvious that the first three were taken during rehearsal and most singers are not yet dressed in their performance clothes.

Thanks for the feedback guys (gals?).

They were lit in a soft pinky, rosy colours; appropriate for the show... perhaps not for the photos.

This was all shot with film. Is it even possible to correct white balances on film? I suppose I could touch that aspect up in photoshop now they're scanned in...

For the first two, as soon as I saw them developed, I knew the focus would have been better on the choir rather than the pianist :blushing: (Us pianists will always take photos of the piano rather than the player! It's a curse!) Hindsight, eh?

Anywho, I'll be off correcting these colours.

Anybody else wanna throw an opinion at me? (hard as you can, I need to learn!)

Yap it seem the hot red intensity is reduced there, but can you correct the blur? But it look better now.

Yap it seem the hot red intensity is reduced there, but can you correct the blur? But it look better now.
'Fraid not :( Can't introduce detail where there isn't any to start with. Not even photoshop's that good.

I just need to hold the camera a bit more still next time and try focusing a bit less on that beautiful piano :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back