What's new

Local Coastline, Aberdeenshire - Feedback Please.

SnapShotScot

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Location
Scotland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Here a couple of shots of my local NE Scotland Coastline. I'm very much an amateur so feedback, what I'm doing wrong etc, is totally appreciated and needed. I'm using a Canon EOS M50 Mark II and EF - M 15 -45mm and EF - M 55 - 200mm lenses.

Portsoy.webp


Newburgh.webp


Newburgh II.webp


Macduff.webp


Banff.webp
 
Greetings SnapShotScot. If you are looking for advice I suggest you use our C & C Gallery (listed in the Forums section) to get advice and critiques of your work. Be prepared though as responders usually don't hold back on their true feelings, but you should get some helpful advice. Also, I have found books to be an invaluable resource for learning, both basic photography books and books on editing. I use photoshop myself and when I started my photographic journey I bought some books on Photoshop editing techniques. I am so glad I did that as I find that books written solely for single subjects, like digital photo editing, to be much more insightful and understandable than Youtube videos.

If you do decide to post in the C & C gallery do so with the thought in mind that your are asking for some specific advice like...which of these two pictures do you think is the best for composition, or which lighting scenario is best, or does this shot look better in color or B&W, etc. Expecting to get advice in the other forum sections, not the C & C gallery, won't get you very far.

These shots you posted do show some promise though probably could benefit from some editing. Number four stikes me as having good depth of field, detail and focus is good, and the composition works.

Hope this helps you. Good luck in your photography pursuits and keep posting!
 
Greetings SnapShotScot. If you are looking for advice I suggest you use our C & C Gallery (listed in the Forums section) to get advice and critiques of your work. Be prepared though as responders usually don't hold back on their true feelings, but you should get some helpful advice. Also, I have found books to be an invaluable resource for learning, both basic photography books and books on editing. I use photoshop myself and when I started my photographic journey I bought some books on Photoshop editing techniques. I am so glad I did that as I find that books written solely for single subjects, like digital photo editing, to be much more insightful and understandable than Youtube videos.

If you do decide to post in the C & C gallery do so with the thought in mind that your are asking for some specific advice like...which of these two pictures do you think is the best for composition, or which lighting scenario is best, or does this shot look better in color or B&W, etc. Expecting to get advice in the other forum sections, not the C & C gallery, won't get you very far.

These shots you posted do show some promise though probably could benefit from some editing. Number four stikes me as having good depth of field, detail and focus is good, and the composition works.

Hope this helps you. Good luck in your photography pursuits and keep posting!
Will do, thanks for that advice, it's greatly appreciated. Honest and frank feedback is fine, I am well aware that there are hugely talented photographers out there who know far better than me!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom