Lone Angel

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
loneangel.jpg

The only thing i don't like about this is it's a little dark near the angel that's in focus...anyway to brighten the picture up without blowing out the window more than it already is?

-Dan

hey nice pic nytmair,

composition wise its works very well, perhaps move the dancing angels more in the frame of the window, but thats about it. Good stuff Dan!

as for your question, try using layer masks. You can localise areas of the photo without blowing the highlights. Try using a screen mask or colour dodge on the layer. The screen mask will lighten the layer, the colour dodge will lighten & add constrast to the layer.

read more here to see what i am talking about:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4617

I was just thinking that as I looked at it. A white board on the right just out of the frame would bounce light back on her. I think it would help a lot. The other two are prefect, I think. I even thought they were real people for a sec, because of the bluring. Makes it rather surreal. Great light. It's a terrific angel, er.. angle too.

ok, i tried to brighten it up just a little and replace it in the first post.... what do you think now? i think it improved it a little bit

Did you brighten the whole thing? The lighting around the window looks different. Maybe it's just me. From how I remember it, I like the closer angel better here, but the further ones better in the first image. It seems less magical to me now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back