What's new

Long Eared Owl in Downtown Chicago

Nikmal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 6, 2012
Messages
121
Reaction score
21
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken at a park in Downtown Chicago around 2007 or so.
They were all sleeping and on this day it was the only one that was semi-out in the open. I did not want to wake it of course. I actually stopped some from doing so because they were actually beating on the tree and trying to shake it. I kicked them away from the tree. On this day it was -20 degrees out with a -40 windchill or there about :)

What do you think?
$Sleepy Owl.webp
 
Yes I know it is cut off at the bottom or looks like it is.. but the branch below that (which is in the picture a little bit) did that already.. I just showed some of said branch :)
 
Actually, the cut off at the bottom part is fine IMHO, I like the shot composition-wise. The blurriness (camera shake?) around its ears is a bit hard to look at, but I'm not sure if that could have been prevented or not (can't see your camera settings).

And good on you about how you said that you were stopping those other people from disturbing them!
 
Actually it was not camera shake.. but the wind.. it was blowing.. not to harshly but I did not realize at the time that the ears were blowing in the wind at the time :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom