Looking for a new bag

JerrfyLube

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since my old netbook has moved along and a 15" laptop has replaced it, I need a bigger bag.

Been using a Lowepro Mini-Trekker AW for the last few years and its been a fantastic bag that easily holds about 75% of my mobile gear but it just does not have the room anywhere to put a larger laptop in it.

So a few requirements:

- It must be able to accept a 15" laptop with minimal fuss

- It must have ample padding and protection

- It must be able to fit at least one pro(full size grip) camera and at least two lenses...preferably with room for a second body and speedlight

- It must be somewhat weather\water resistant

Price isnt a major concern but lets keep it reasonable. I have a few Pelican cases that I could buy the foam for and have a good setup but I want something more mobile. Back pack style preferred...none of that manbag crap.

Recommend me somethin...

This will be of little help, but one bag you can rule out is the Crumpler 8 Million Dollar Home. I picked one up a few months ago on super clearance hoping it would fit my 15" Macbook Pro, and while it can hold a whole host of gear including two bodies, three lenses, and various accessories, it can barely fit my iPad into the front pocket.

This is not a complaint because I am very happy with the bag, especially for what I paid, but if a 15" laptop is a concern I would not suggest the 8.

Kata R-103, if your laptop is small like a macbook pro. A thicker 15" laptop might be a little snug, but this bag will not disappoint. Worth the moderately high cost.

edit- the Kata website says up to 14.1" laptop, but my 15" macbook pro fits like a glove

Kata R-103, if your laptop is small like a macbook pro. A thicker 15" laptop might be a little snug, but this bag will not disappoint. Worth the moderately high cost.

edit- the Kata website says up to 14.1" laptop, but my 15" macbook pro fits like a glove

It is a Macbook Pro(Unibody). Ill give it a look. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back