Looking for C&C

Rgollar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am wondering if exposure and color looks right? It looks good to me but I am still learning how little I know. Thanks

dog.jpg

bri.jpg

were you using onboard flash? bc 2nd pic looks like it fired.....i guess you could overexpose maybe half a stop...but thats just me

Did you up the clarity in your raw file handler? The girls skin looks unnatural, and blotchy... Which can sometimes be attributed to jacking up the clarity.

I was using 430ex flash. And I did up the clarity in raw. I was wondering if the skin looked unatural myself. Is the flash good to use when its cloudy and toward evening? Thanks for the critiques.

I was using 430ex flash. And I did up the clarity in raw. I was wondering if the skin looked unatural myself. Is the flash good to use when its cloudy and toward evening? Thanks for the critiques.

I would be careful with clarity, especially when using it on photos of children. It's a great feature to use to bring out contrast, but it also brings out contrast in areas where you don't want it to sometimes. Using a hotshoe flash at dusk is not a bad idea. I'd up my ISO before I hauled out the flash, but that's just me. Although, getting the flash OFF the camera is far more preferable to turning up your ISO or using the flash on the hotshoe IMO.

Is the dog's tongue the right color? It looks too "pale" to me, but the fur color looks good.

Don't know your daughter well enough to say if her color is accurate.

Most reactions

Back