Looking for input aka C&C

DerekMellott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a few pictures I have taken in the last few weeks, The lightning picture is a stacked composite of about 8-10 images I took from my kitchen (I got a few hundred strikes that night).

Any feedback is very welcome, thanks for looking.

bailcentersmall.png

barnsmall.png

Barnwall1small.png

roadkids.png

IMG_8840.jpg

lightningcomp2.png

Number 2 and 5 have to be my favorite. 4, the kids are OOF. I'm not sure if that's what you intended or not..And number six is pretty cool, but there is some weird "glowing" going on with the clouds.

Keep shooting though! Practice makes perfect! :)

On #4 I was looking for an "old" feeling, I'll try to sharpen it up a bit and see how it looks. My lightning pics were over exposed and this was my first attempt at a comp image, I'll keep working on it.

Thank you for the feedback.

i like the concept on them all

I like then all! Just one question, have you used any kind of filter in 5#? I'm new at this, but to see the stars the only thing needed is a long exposure?

I like then all! Just one question, have you used any kind of filter in 5#? I'm new at this, but to see the stars the only thing needed is a long exposure?

No filter, just a 20sec exp at iso 800 and lit by the Moon

Derek, I personally like every single one of them! #4 is OOF.....SO WHAT??? As a photographer said (forgoto his name but he's in Master of Wedding Photography 2 DVD) that "there's absolutely nothing wrong w/ this picture, the subjects are out of focus and it's blurry but that's what make the picture what it is and it's one of my pictures that is most appreciated by people"

Do what you're doing, you're doing it well man. :thumbup:

Ok ok #5 might be a little V off LOL but love that pic the most!

Derek, I personally like every single one of them! #4 is OOF.....SO WHAT??? As a photographer said (forgoto his name but he's in Master of Wedding Photography 2 DVD) that "there's absolutely nothing wrong w/ this picture, the subjects are out of focus and it's blurry but that's what make the picture what it is and it's one of my pictures that is most appreciated by people"

Do what you're doing, you're doing it well man. :thumbup:

Ok ok #5 might be a little V off LOL but love that pic the most!

Thank you very much!
#5 is actually 1 frame from a timelapse I shot, looks cool with the stars turning in the background.

That gif is awesome. How many shots? Also I like the photo's. The still from the gif is my favorite. Sometimes it just seems so hard to get nice clear shots like that with night photography.

I like #5... I like how there are no power lines or street lights...just an old looking shack/building in a field under the stars at night

That gif is awesome. How many shots? Also I like the photo's. The still from the gif is my favorite. Sometimes it just seems so hard to get nice clear shots like that with night photography.

Thanks, it was 88 photos. I forgot to change the battery, I knew it was low before I left the house and never swapped it, I wasted a couple for hours watching a movie in my van while the camera was dead.

Last edited:
I like them all great shooting:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back