Looking for other OM shooters

sbalsama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here, so I'll both introduce myself and hopefully introduce a discussion in the process. I'm just looking to see how many people use the OM series of cameras on this board. I see many people with digitals and some with various oddities of film cameras...how about this good ol' "normal" camera? :p Either way, what's your favorite camera/system and what makes it so good?

I enjoy my OM-2 for it's small profile and even smaller price. Great quality equipment at a low price. I do wish it shot faster than 1/1000, but I've noticed it hasn't been an issue thus far. The OM-1 is also a nice camera, I don't own one, but from using one I am inclined to buy a body once the money is there as a no-fail backup.

Have owned an OM1 since the mid 70's and got an OM2 when they came out - I also have an old film Mju and a Trip. Used them professionally for over 20 years too. Love Olympus for 35mm - I'm thinking about getting a grown up digital (bowing to the inevitable) and I'm going for the Olympus E300.

I haven't heard much about Olympus' digital line, but I assume the E300 is a DSLR. Mostly I heard about the Nikon or Canon line. I would bow to the inevitable myself, but thankfully I don't have the money to do so, nor do I really have to since it's a hobby rather than a job. You can do some neat stuff with digital, but sometimes it can just be...overdone. I've seen a lot of "overdone" digital pieces on photo.net and it kind of turns me off to the whole digital revolution.

i own the olympus OM40 and i really LOVE it!!! its my first camera (except for my digital) and i like using it alot more than my digital! i think the OM series are really great!

Most reactions

Back