Looking for visual inspiration near Major League Baseball stadiums

Bobby_Kenis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, everyone.
I am planning a photography project for July/August to combine my love for baseball and photography. It isn't fully comfirmed yet; I currently have a Kickstarter.com project running to help with the funding (I assume I shouldn't post the link?). If it succeeds, I will be able to reach all 30 areas that have a major league baseball team.

I'm currently in the research process, but thought I'd see if any of you have ideas. I am on the lookout for any interesting/quirky/"not in the guide book"/favorite photo spots in any of those cities. I plan to do a lot of wandering and know a lot of my best photos will be unplanned, but I always love to hear ideas from those who have come before me.

I am particularly looking for sites in the actual neighborhoods where stadiums are. For example, there are a million famous photo spots in Manhattan, but I really don't know of any in the Bronx (where the Yankees are). Boston has a ton of picturesque sights, but I don't know of any that are near Fenway Park.

If you're unfamiliar, baseball teams are located in: Baltimore, Boston, New York, St. Petersburg, Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Houston, Seattle, Arlington, Atlanta, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Phoenix, Denver. I skipped the CA ones since I am local.

I don't expect you to do the work for me, but if you want to point me in a direction or give me a tip about something that isn't well-known, I'd truly appreciate it! And if you need me to clarify anything, of course ask. Thanks.

Bobby Kenis
facebook.com/KenisImages

I always like walking behind left field in Wrigley. Finally going to Chicago after years of watching the Cubs on WGN, the most interesting experience for me was finally seeing the residential street where all of those home run balls end up bouncing down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back