TylerMWise

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
teamtbm.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey!
I have recently taken these photos, I am wondering if anyone can give me separate feedback for any of these photos? It would be very much appreciated, and it means I can improve my photos as I get better at photography:

Image 1:
tmw_photo16.JPG

Image 2:
tmw_photo12.jpg

Image 3:
tmw_photo13.jpg

Image 4:
tmw_photo18.JPG

Image 5:
tmw_photo19.jpg

Thanks, Tyler :)

Last edited:
Hi Tyler and welcome to TPF. I’m not the one to critique your photos, but I really like #2 and 4. I think 4 is brilliant and I like the mood in 2; although, the bright strip along the top in 2 might be a bit distracting. Nice photos.

Sorry, I am very new here. I have made the images bigger

Don't be… I had ticks of my own as well! :victorious:

Now you're talking!

#1 needs horizon tweaking
#2 superlicious
#3 good highlights control
#4 tonal taming would do miracles
#5 pull out the shadows by a tad

… and welcome to the club! :D

I agree with others on #1, straighten it.

#2 is fascinating to me in that it is quite unusual. The red along with the umbrella and even the posture of the person give mystique for me. I also agree that the white strip at the top is a bit distracting.

Welcome! It's a nice set. As noted, #1 is leaning, but I like what you did with the B&W on one side, and retained the color in the reflection on the glass. #2 is great, and I really like #4.

Hi Tyler and welcome to TPF. I’m not the one to critique your photos, but I really like #2 and 4. I think 4 is brilliant and I like the mood in 2; although, the bright strip along the top in 2 might be a bit distracting. Nice photos.
Thanks for the feedback!

Don't be… I had ticks of my own as well! :victorious:

Now you're talking!

#1 needs horizon tweaking
#2 superlicious
#3 good highlights control
#4 tonal taming would do miracles
#5 pull out the shadows by a tad

… and welcome to the club! :D
I am glad you like #2 and #3, I will take your improvements and see what I can do :)

I agree with others on #1, straighten it.

#2 is fascinating to me in that it is quite unusual. The red along with the umbrella and even the posture of the person give mystique for me. I also agree that the white strip at the top is a bit distracting.
Thanks, I will straighten #1. I am really glad you like #2, it's my favourite

Welcome! It's a nice set. As noted, #1 is leaning, but I like what you did with the B&W on one side, and retained the color in the reflection on the glass. #2 is great, and I really like #4.
Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you like #1 and I will try and sort the learning on the photo :)

Most everything has been said. It's a journey getting better with photography and from my experience most of it been with the post editing. I don't know what software you use but it appears all your pics, except for #5, could stand to be a little sharper. I recommend either using a tripod or hold your camera as still as possible, the slightest movement can have a huge affect. Your pics show a lot of promise and you have the right attitude, you're going to be good I think. Take lots of pictures, practice, practice, practice.

I like the darkness and mystery of the last one. Modern day Sherlock Holmes setting.

Hi
#1 straighten horizons
I like the concept I would have cloned out the air con units on the b&w side. Put the b&w on the left then you could “bridge” time
#3&#4
Works for me
the train that works well at night with the lights I think the train image is about half a stop over exposed
At the end of the day it’s your image/idea take ideas on use what works for you and save the rest for another time K

Image 1 - nice to see you're trying creative angles like these. I'd crop and straighten it as the horizon is not level. Not sure if spot colour works any more but it's a case of personal taste.
Image 2 - Good try but seems out of focus and I'd crop it to focus on the silhouette.
Image 3 - Good frame but out of focus, try higher aperture for landscape next tome and focus somewhere half way.
Image 4 - I'd crop it to focus on the doors. There seems to be too many slabs to the bottom and windows to the right. A bit too distracting for me. I think a tighter crop would work better here. Other than this, good use of slow shutter speeds.
Image 5 - Again I'd crop it or maybe use a longer focal length next time. It's also a tad too dark for me. Also a lower angle could have worked better here, it would have made the empty street less visible here as there seems to be nothing going on there. Next time maybe try to include something on the first plan, a car, parking post, water hydrant, maybe a silhouette of a man walking past closer to the camera? You tried with the yellow line but this doesn't seem to be enough in this frame.

Just a few ideas, hope it helps, keep trying :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back