Los Angeles County Camera Days, 1960s

Gardyloo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the early to mid-1960s, Los Angeles County sponsored "camera days" during the summer months. Once a month, operators of a local park (usually in one of the cities within the county) would assist with or permit the building of some backdrops, or deploy fire trucks, etc., to be used as props for photo shoots featuring models invited to participate. Typically the models were aspiring Hollywood actresses or models wanting to add to their portfolios. Admission was free and unrestricted by age, and if photographers wanted to use the images commercially there were pre-printed release forms available. This was obviously all somewhat rough-and-ready, and of course there was nothing that we'd call "NSFW" in terms of content.

I'll post a few scanned images from a couple of these days, generally in the 1964-66 time frame. If they're not deemed offensive, I can add more. I personally think they're quite interesting, and I'm amazed at the courage that many of these models must have possessed in order to pose in these circumstances.

111409b2.jpg

gardena14s.jpg

mtbaldy17a.jpg

A typical scene

gardenarbw1s.jpg

Most reactions

Back