Lost Diner

I like the processing and the dirty window adds interest. Lots to take in for this photo. Is this place still open?

I like the processing and the dirty window adds interest. Lots to take in for this photo. Is this place still open?
Thanks. DOA when I shot it. Reportedly reopened then died during the Toronto pandemic lock-downs that slayed so many marginal hangouts. Rampant rent hikes after Covid restrictions lifted polished off the survivors. Sad.

Reminds me of a little diner we had in the back of a drugstore. They didn't need a menu cause they only served burgers. He'd trim them with whatever you wanted from cheese, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions, pickles, french fries, onion rings, peppers, choice of sauces. Didn't matter how much or how little you wanted, the price was the same. He had an old time soda fountain and the best homemade root beer and a cooler full of ice cream.

Looking at this image again, it appears there is a face at 1 o'clock.

Looking at this image again, it appears there is a face at 1 o'clock.
Noticed that too but only after booting it up for processing--shades of Antonioni's "Blowup." The weird reflections off stainless shelves and cabinets interacted with that seriously cruddy window.

Nominated for POTM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back