lost folders of pictures on computer

ERICS80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to view multiple folder’s of photos on my computer and found that some no longer exist “no preview available” comes up when I try to open an image.

Most images came from my S80 another 65 came from a CD.

All images were modified the same day. ( May 18 2008 not sure what I did to them )

I would never purposely delete these images; can you delete images by accident, when copying to a CD? That is the only thing I can think I did to all of the images on May 18th.

Thanks

Have you tried opening them with an image editing program?

I've had a few pictures do that. All I had to do was open them in PaintShop Pro, re-save them, and they worked again.

If that doesn't work, you can always try getting them off the CD you made.

Check the file sizes for the images that you are trying to open. Since you can see the files that is a good sign, however if they are below a few thousand k (100KB or less) then chances are they may just be thumbnails. You may also want to check the file extensions as well to make sure they are viewable (i.e. that they are .jpg, .bmp, .tif, etc..).

As for whether you can 'accidentally' delete files, it happens. You may have moved the files to the CD rather than copy them. If you have the CD you made on that day then it may be a good idea to see if you can restore the photos from there (as John_05 suggested).

Thanks for the reply’s, I did remove them to a CD instead of just copying them, and have found one of the CD’s.

I really appreciate both members’ taking the time to respond.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back