Lost Lake Restaurant, Captiol Hill, Seattle

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
52608551587_1e3a8b8a13_h.jpg

I visit this one, every time I go to Seattle. Great food, great service. And the kind of small-town hangout feel that I grew up knowing in the Midwest.

I visit this one, every time I go to Seattle. Great food, great service. And the kind of small-town hangout feel that I grew up knowing in the Midwest.
A place in Seattle that does not have at least one board up where a window was thats in itself is impressive.

This is on Capitol Hill, too. I didn't see much of that when I was there in January.

This is on Capitol Hill, too. I didn't see much of that when I was there in January.
Sorry I didn't mean to have such a damper on such a nice image that you posted.....Seattle is bad these days, Nike left and others are packing up......Nice image my friend....Hopefully this place does not close up shop.

Doesn't seem like as many homeless people up there, lately. The new Amazon store and the Starbucks Roastery seem to be doing very well. And the new location for the Red Hook brewery is now in the area. It's hard to get a B&B in the winter in that neighborhood. Heading out with my son, we found a couple of homeless people sheltering in the overhang in front of his garage. He just said "Guys, I have to get my car out, but as soon as I get clear, you can move back in." They said "O.K." and moved for him. He says he feels badly about those guys, but it's really hard for anyone to help them, since they don't usually want the rules that come with living in a shelter, and often just use money they get for drugs. But I do think the outreach from churches and other groups has reduced the number of them living on the street.

When I was visiting him, I'd walk his dog in the morning. Burroughs was spooked by homeless people, and would always pull me to the other side of the street to avoid going near them.

In January, we were there, and found this shop that sold the best cinnamon buns ever. Mrs. Barbarian loved that place.
52609467605_fc322577b7_b.jpg

Doesn't seem like as many homeless people up there, lately. The new Amazon store and the Starbucks Roastery seem to be doing very well. And the new location for the Red Hook brewery is now in the area. It's hard to get a B&B in the winter in that neighborhood. Heading out with my son, we found a couple of homeless people sheltering in the overhang in front of his garage. He just said "Guys, I have to get my car out, but as soon as I get clear, you can move back in." They said "O.K." and moved for him. He says he feels badly about those guys, but it's really hard for anyone to help them, since they don't usually want the rules that come with living in a shelter, and often just use money they get for drugs. But I do think the outreach from churches and other groups has reduced the number of them living on the street.

When I was visiting him, I'd walk his dog in the morning. Burroughs was spooked by homeless people, and would always pull me to the other side of the street to avoid going near them.
As I was told the places that do offer shelter tell the homeless people they can not bring their belongings so they opt not to.

Let me know next time your here an I will buy you something at the best bakery and a cup of coffee in Everett about 35 minutes north of Seattle pending on the traffic.

Most reactions

Back