Lot to learn update, mostly for bird ID

While feeling guilty about a shameless bump, I was hoping for @BrentC and any others willing to C&C the processing on this shot.

Same type of red tail shot, but closer, better exposure and focus.

I hit a certain wall pretty quick when doing post, because my monitor has no business being used to edit photos.
How's the WB?
I got a little halo around the back of his head, don't know why, I didn't do any masking or local adjustments.

Thanks again

Red tail-1-2.jpg

While feeling guilty about a shameless bump, I was hoping for @BrentC and any others willing to C&C the processing on this shot.

Same type of red tail shot, but closer, better exposure and focus.

I hit a certain wall pretty quick when doing post, because my monitor has no business being used to edit photos.
How's the WB?
I got a little halo around the back of his head, don't know why, I didn't do any masking or local adjustments.

Thanks again

View attachment 152540

Great capture! Wb is good. Maybe bit heavy on the contrast or the black levels. Iys easy to use too much contrast, I did it a lot. A good calibrated monitor is worth spending the money on.

Now that I was able took at it on my computer I think too much saturation. Remember this is just my opinion. I just did a quick edit, from your image in LR, -14 Contrast, -13 saturation, -15 black.

Red tail-1-2 (1)-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back