Louisville C&C

Gonna ask it first: Where's the cityscape?

I'm not too keen on the subject matter for any of these, especially 2. Could you maybe give the EXIF data (if that's the right phrase)? 3's a bit overexposed but I like the subject the best there.

Last edited:
Gonna ask it first: Where's the cityscape?

Sorry wrote the text then chose different images. I guess these would work better in the general gallery...oh well.

I'm not too keen on the subject matter for any of these, especially 2. Could you maybe give the EXIF data (if that's the right phrase)? 3's a bit overexposed but I like the subject the best there.

What don't you like about the subject matter?

Here is the EXIF data. You can click on the image as well and get more of it.
Canon 5D 50mm f/1.8, 1/200s f/6.3 iso 200

#1: Excellent color combination
#2: Just a weak reproduction of the former, felt so probably because of the quality of #1
#3: Too centered; yet i know it is difficult to set this some other way, without cutting across things
#4: I think if looked at from one end of the board so that it is seen narrowed down to the other end.

Yet i really like this series :D

I like the graininess and composition of the first one. I wonder if color really adds anything to it. Have you tried converting it to a B&W? The green draws more attention than that part of the image should. You could darken it in the conversion to bring out the contrast between the painted and bare spots.

The second and third are not bad but don't work as well compositionally; perhaps cropping the right side of the third would help, and it's also a little tilted. The last is too centered, as pointed out earlier, and also has too much uninteresting background. A closer shot of part of the sign would have been more interesting.

#1: Excellent color combination
#2: Just a weak reproduction of the former, felt so probably because of the quality of #1
#3: Too centered; yet i know it is difficult to set this some other way, without cutting across things
#4: I think if looked at from one end of the board so that it is seen narrowed down to the other end.

Yet i really like this series :D

Thank you Frequency. I see what you are saying about #2 when compared to #1. I should have posted a different image. #3 I took from multiple angles because I couldn't quite figure out how I liked it. I will try and post one of those later to see what you think. #4 is actually a metal sign! I think I did take one of the sign at an angle. I will check.

I like the graininess and composition of the first one. I wonder if color really adds anything to it. Have you tried converting it to a B&W? The green draws more attention than that part of the image should. You could darken it in the conversion to bring out the contrast between the painted and bare spots.

The second and third are not bad but don't work as well compositionally; perhaps cropping the right side of the third would help, and it's also a little tilted. The last is too centered, as pointed out earlier, and also has too much uninteresting background. A closer shot of part of the sign would have been more interesting.

I will try and do a B&W conversion later tonight and look at some of the other angles I took #2 and #3 at to see if they are any better.

HOME!!!! Love the shots and I love KY!!! I actually thing #3 is my favorite, however just a tad crooked. You can straigten it easily in Windows live photo gallery. Great job! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back