Low light E-mount for street?

Forrie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.forrestevans.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to start taking low light street documentary style pics.
I'm running a Sony A6000, I'm brand new to this so all I have is the stock lens (SELP1650), a SEL50F18 and a SEL55210.

The latter two are too long, I need something shorter but not sure which one is more suited to what I need.

Any advice?

The sigma 30mm f2.8 gets good reviews and doesnt cost the earth

:) thanks Jaomul.

Apologies for the following n00b question in advance!....

Is this suitable for APS-C? My camera isn't full frame sensor. I see on the Sony site that the A7 has different lenses and I'm guessing they aren't compatible with the smaller sensor - or is there no difference?

As far as I am aware it is made for the n4/3rds and sony E mount and it is designed for aps-c sensors.

:) thanks Jaomul.

Apologies for the following n00b question in advance!....

Is this suitable for APS-C? My camera isn't full frame sensor. I see on the Sony site that the A7 has different lenses and I'm guessing they aren't compatible with the smaller sensor - or is there no difference?
As long as it's an e-mount it should be fine. The FE lenses are for the full frame A7's.

Sony makes a 20mm but it's only F2.8 and a 35mm F1.8 (SEL35f18) with oss which would be good for night street shooting. It's like $450 though.

Thank you both :)

I've been eyeing up that 35mm F1.8 Tree but being new to this I wasn't sure if it was really worth the $$; the 20mm is a lot cheaper and has a larger lens however the F value is so much higher so I'm expecting similar performance.

Seems like the concept of a Sigma with E-mount is a bit beyond the local dealers here in Singapore so I may just have to bite the bullet and try the Sony lens.

I went FE 28mm f/2, good if planning to get into the full frame body eventually.

I went FE 28mm f/2, good if planning to get into the full frame body eventually.
Thanks, yeah I'm considering getting an A7 if my budget allows and I'm still mad about photography in a year (no doubt I will be!!!!)

I have a Zeiss 24mm 1.8 and it's pretty sharp. I also picked up the Sony 50mm 1.8 for $249.99. For the price you can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back