What's new

"Low Light" Guitarist

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
32
Location
Eastern Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my 1st shots using my 70-200 so I am still experimenting here.

DSC_0132 by iamnotjerry, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Would of preferred a crop without his legs focusing on his head / torso with guitar and the shadows.

And you totally missed your focus, which can easily happy shooting 1/25 with a heavy telephoto. Try and make sure that your shutter speed is 1/ max focal lenght. While the IS helps, you could probably shoot at 1/60, for shows, I try not to go lower than 1/125 and that is using a 50mm.
 
Would of preferred a crop without his legs focusing on his head / torso with guitar and the shadows.

And you totally missed your focus, which can easily happy shooting 1/25 with a heavy telephoto. Try and make sure that your shutter speed is 1/ max focal lenght. While the IS helps, you could probably shoot at 1/60, for shows, I try not to go lower than 1/125 and that is using a 50mm.
Thanks for information. By totally missing my focus do you mean the face or guitar? This is a crop from two guitarists which may have made it off?

I looked at your concert photos and they are really good. Would really like ask you questions about your thoughts on some of mine?
jorge
 
I would place the guitarist closer to the right edge in the picture and wait for his face to be properly lit.
 
I could be the fact that it is a crop and the focus was set to the other musician. Either way, what you posted here is out of focus. It is even more apparent when you view the large one on flickr.

Thanks for checking out my stuff. Ive been doing shows only recently and having fun. Looking at doing more in the near future.
If you need more crits, make more threads ;)
 
I looked at the large version on Flickr.....I dunno...the focus looks pretty good to me, but there's a lot of subject motion blur on the man's body, head,and the guitar and its strings. The microphone on the stand appears to be adequately well focused. The guitar strings appear focused--but I can see blurring on them. I think the shutter speed is simply too slow.
 
I could be the fact that it is a crop and the focus was set to the other musician. Either way, what you posted here is out of focus. It is even more apparent when you view the large one on flickr.

Agreed. You have camera shake through the whole thing, but it looks to me like the point of focus is on the mic... specifically the tail end of it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom