What's new

lucky capture for a street expedition

poof

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Islamorada, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been vacationing in Las Vegas for the holidays and went walking in the neighborhood a few days ago to see what I could capture. I didn't expect to get this shot of an American Kestrel falcon dining on a recent kill. It's a little gory but I wanted to share it.

The bird was in heavy shade, so properly exposing him meant the sky was completely blown out. Luckily I had a few underexposed shots that captured the sky nicely. Comping the two together seemed like an easy solution...
it wasn't. Editing feathers is a b*tch! :lol:

What do you think? What could I have done better?


hawk1scaled.jpg
 
Well technically it is not much of a shot.
But a really cool surprise fun shot to get. Kestrals are such cool looking birds and you caught this one right in the action.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom