Macbook 13" 1.8GHz Dual-core, 1gb ram - Going to need a new keyboard. $550 + pp fees

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've opted to sell my Macbook and move onto something different (quad-core tower maybe?). What started it was a small mishap with a kitten and a beverage. A little milk got into the keyboard, and now the O, P, return key, and Delete key no longer function. HOWEVER, it doesn't stink one bit, and I've removed the keyboard (in a failed attempt to fix it), and there is nothing that got past the keyboard as very little of said milk even got into it. I've owned this Mac since 06 and have never had any other problems, I just think it's time for me to look into something I can batch process jobs on. Two of the screws on the front of the laptop broke their little attachment points, so there is a little gap on the front, but it causes no problems and is purely cosmetic.

What this means for a prospective buyer? Get an otherwise good and functioning laptop that needs a $50 part for an awesome price. I would happily walk someone through the install process if need be. The OEM keyboards can be found here (via ebay):

http://cgi.ebay.com/MacBook-White-K...ryZ80032QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The specs:

1.8GHz dual-core Intel processor
1gig RAM
40gig hard drive
CD burner
Your basic mac software package + iWork 06' (iPhoto, iMovie HD, Garageband, etc.)

Photoshop and Lightroom both run fine on this system and I've run games on it with no hiccups (WoW at medium settings runs pretty well). The monitor is actually very high quality for a laptop, and could easily be calibrated and remain pretty accurate.

Pics of the laptop:

_MG_8297.jpg

_MG_8269.jpg

_MG_8291.jpg

_MG_8304.jpg

_MG_8310.jpg

_MG_8314.jpg

_MG_8315.jpg

It comes with the Computer, charger, little remote for using it as a media center, box and packaging. I had the paperwork around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it at the moment and I'm not sure I'd be able to supply it.

I'm asking $550 + shipping and paypal, and the computer is obviously being sold as-is due to the keyboard, but I can assure that everything else works perfectly.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Posting it on ebay in the morning, just wanted to let TPF know about it before it goes up so someone here gets a good deal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back