Macro Adapters...

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have borrowed a cosina 100mm lens and a matched 1:1 macro adapter off a friend. I'm looking for opinions on what quality of image can be captured this way? if any quality at all? I've been having a play and have a few "ok" pictures but nothing that I particularly like (could be my lack of skill and knowledge ;)) do you have any tips for using macro adapters? and for shotting macro in general. Hopefully when I win the lottery this weekend (I wish!) I shall get a "nice" macro lens :D thanks in advance.

When shooting macros, your depth of field will be very shallow. You should start by stopping down to at least f/11, if not 16 or 22. Only problem then is loss of light. If you are shooting still life it's no problem. Use a tripod, and expose for however long you have to expose for. If you are shooting insects or something that could move, you'll want to add your own light, with a flash. Macro ring flashes attach the front of the lens, so you can get light on the subject when you are too close to it for a normal flash to work.

Thankyou! I need to invest in a tripod thats for sure. Will have a play with your suggestions and hopefully show you some better pictures than I'm producing at the moment. Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back