Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
man in market.jpg
C/C welcome

Great composition. Interesting image, all kinds of lillte nuggets in it.

Just an idea
Have a look at crop edge to loose the bike wheel on the other side crop the ? On the left
Crop bottom so that the green under the melons just touches the bottom and try to clone out the other wheel
It may not look any good, let’s us know what you think.
The end of the day it’s your image and if it’s what you want then disregard what I suggest.
I know what it’s like to have an image that is just as I planned and to have someone say.. if you do just this

Just an idea
Have a look at crop edge to loose the bike wheel on the other side crop the ? On the left
Crop bottom so that the green under the melons just touches the bottom and try to clone out the other wheel
It may not look any good, let’s us know what you think.
The end of the day it’s your image and if it’s what you want then disregard what I suggest.
I know what it’s like to have an image that is just as I planned and to have someone say.. if you do just this
I think you are right on target with the distraction posed by the wheel and vertical.
Rather than cropping and changing the aspect ratio, perhaps darkening these areas.

What do you think?
(I know this is rough, just multi-tasking and not doing it very well)

and thanks

msninmsrket2.jpg

Last edited:
Opps edit post
Its late here I posted before I looked at edited image. I see you darkened the wheel it does not catch the eye so much.
How do you feel about the image? It’s easy for others like me to say do this do that, but I was not there. I also write for fun/hobby and I have several dead stories because of friends editing until it’s no longer what I was trying to say.
In photography I decided that like you I would ask and try but at the end of the day it’s what I was trying to capture.
I have a rep for being Out of the box and producing Marmite pictures;

Last edited:
Aggre with above post. Sorry got caught up in suggesting ideas forgot to say how I liked the picture.
Midnight here, will look in later eg after 9am UK time an example of my out of the box thinking.
Maybe you can cc for me. Night.

Attachments

• 2D5D050E-257F-4A5D-809C-C373366A9FF3.jpeg
    2D5D050E-257F-4A5D-809C-C373366A9FF3.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 54
Very nice Lou. Like the leading lines. As usual great work.

It's a nice pic and always remember, Picasso did things his way.

Thanks, I appreciate original Katomi's comment because he pointed to something I had not been aware of. My goal is to minimize the impact of anything that inappropriately draws the viewer's eye from the main subject. That's the real danger in evaluating one's own work too quickly.
oK pointed out bright, distracting areas that I should have seen. (I also noticed the post growing out of his head that I will also edit).
I generally crop to standard dimensions for a complicated reason not necessary here so cropping was not a good option for me.

It's a nice pic and always remember, Picasso did things his way.

Thanks, I appreciate original Katomi's comment because he pointed to something I had not been aware of. My goal is to minimize the impact of anything that inappropriately draws the viewer's eye from the main subject. That's the real danger in evaluating one's own work too quickly.
oK pointed out bright, distracting areas that I should have seen. (I also noticed the post growing out of his head that I will also edit).
I generally crop to standard dimensions for a complicated reason not necessary here so cropping was not a good option for me.

I appreciate other peoples comments also, I suppose I see things with a different eye and often find that what I sometimes find of interest others see as a distraction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back