Maryland DNR Natural Photo Contest

MarylandDNR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, I am an intern with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources and I wanted to inform all interested photographers about the MD DNR Photo Contest. I have posted all pertinent information below.

Calling all photographers ─ novice, professional and those who just happen to snap a great picture! The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is accepting entries for its annual Maryland Natural Resource Photo Contest.

“This is a great way for photographers of all skill levels to showcase their work and highlight the natural beauty of our State,” said DNR Secretary John Griffin.

Last year, Allen Sklar of Bishopville topped more than 300 other photographers with his winning image ‘Fast’ Food Pick-up. His remarkable photograph of an eagle swooping down onto the Assateague Beach shoreline graced the cover of the 2012 calendar.

Photos entered into the 2012 contest will be judged in six categories: birds, wildlife, insects, scenic, wild plants and Maryland State Parks or people enjoying them. Winning entries will be featured in the winter issue of The Maryland Natural Resource magazine as well as the 2013 DNR calendar.

The best overall photo will win the grand prize of $500, a 2013 Maryland State Park Passport, a lifetime subscription to the magazine and five copies of the 2013 DNR calendar, which will feature the winning photo on the cover.

First place winners in each category will receive a Maryland State Park Passport, a two-year magazine subscription and two copies of the 2013 DNR calendar. Second place winners will receive a one-year subscription to the magazine and a calendar.

All qualifying photographs must be taken in Maryland. Photographers may submit up to three entries for a $10 entry fee and additional entries for $3 each. Photos may not be more than two years old or previously published. Non-residents may participate as long as the photos were taken in Maryland. Submissions are due by August 31, 2012 and winners will be announced online September 30, 2012.

Official rules and contest entry forms are available online at dnr.maryland.gov/photocontest/.

Most reactions

Back