Max sync speed?

thanks for all u r comment , can you help me with any how to link here , bcoz, i want to make sure i can do it with my gear limit's , I also saw some shot's with balloon blast by niddle. if not gun shot why not balloon

The balloon shots fire the camera/flash via a sound trigger.

ye at start i heard of it , but couldn't find any and what setup exactly i want I have off the camera setup with one flash so i need sound trigger what more

Minister can you please use proper punctuation in your sentences. It makes text much easier to read which is why it was created in the first place, and doesn't take up any additional time to hold down the shift key.

Writing like that in any context typically makes you come across as juvenile and makes it hard for people to take you seriously. None of us want that :)

Minister can you please use proper punctuation in your sentences. It makes text much easier to read which is why it was created in the first place, and doesn't take up any additional time to hold down the shift key.

Writing like that in any context typically makes you come across as juvenile and makes it hard for people to take you seriously. None of us want that :)

sorry , my mistake

The guy is from Delhi. Maybe Australian isn't his best language.

One very important thing to remember about those super high speed xenon strobes is that they produce huge electrial current that can kill you if you're not very experienced and very careful.

Thanks, Derrel, for pointing out a really good writeup. After reading through the capabilites, I'm getting bitten by the equipmentitis virus. Sigh. Another item to start saving for.

As you know, I've been experimenting with Canon's ETTL and it's been frustratingly inconsisent. Some times I get the exposure bang-on, while others are either too hot or too dark. Using manual (a la stobist) has been much more reliable (but a lot more slow and less spontaneous). The challenge has been that when using the flashes in direct flash mode, the light has been too harsh, but using it in bounce mode has been too inconsistent. I'm sure there's some basic user error that I'm doing, since the marketing propaganda from Canon keeps on saying how easy ETTL "should" be, but I wish their "easy" was easier.

Yes, the HyperSynch technology was reallllly looking like it would be promising a year ago, but then after the actual shipping of the transmitters and receivers, it was discovered that the Canon 580 and 580 EX-II flash units had some pretty serious radio frequency interference issues that varied from country to country, or batch to batch, and one of the muckey-mucks at the PocketWizard firm lamented publicly that they had purchased one,large batch of Canon flashes with which to do their development; he stated that he wished they had bought them all piecemeal off of e-Bay, to have received a broader cross-section of the actual flashes on the actual market. So, this was really an unfortunate case of a revolutionary new technology, HyperSync, that was almost totally killed off by this unforseen Radio Frequency Interference issue that just took center stage, and PocketWizard went into sort of a self-protection mode, and developed the shrouds and stuff, and basically, this discovery also killed what was SUPPOSED to have been a prompt roll-out of the HyperSync stuff for Nikon flash equipment.

I was not too aware of your use of E-TTL flash. I have a 5D and 20D 580 EX-II flash and eight or nine lenses, and have used the 580-II in E-TTL mode, and am aware of the odd inconsistencies in Canon's flash metering with that flash and those two cameras. Drawing comparisons between Canon and Nikon often gets me into trouble, but honestly, I think the color-blind Canon bodies (all of them except the newest 1D series models and the 7D and 60D-era cameras) simply do not have enough information to make the right metering choices in AUTO modes, the way the Nikon bodies do with their 3D color matrix metering and color-aware flash meter sensing...but you and I are not the only ones to complain about Canon's E-TTL flash metering performance...it's one of the company's weaker areas, IMHO. And NO, the issue of direct flash metering being "okay" versus bounce flash being "stupid" is not only your problem--it is CANON'S problem. The problem rests with the equipment, and not with you.

Kinda' sad for PocketWizard to have bought a whole batch of fairly low-RFI Canon flashes, and developed their hardware, marketed it, and then released it, and then discovered that the RFI levels of various Canon flash units was all over the map, depending on various factors. If they had done more widespread testing, or testing on units from around the globe, I think right now we'd hear a LOT about the HyperSync technology, but the rollout and then immediate misfires and the huge problem with RFI was a dealbreaker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back