May POTM Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay, for this month I thought we might try and do things a bit differently to get more people involved. Instead of just waiting until the end of the month to nominate all three pics, we will each be able to nominate one picture a week. So any pic that has been posted between May 20-May 27 will be the first week. The second week will be pics posted between May 28-June 4. The following week will be from June 5-12. And then a final week will go from the 13th-20th. This way pictures posted near the beginning on the month won't be left behind, and each person can nominate 4 pictures (or less) and it allows for pics from each week to be more fairly judged :) You can post your nominations at anytime, just try and indicate who took the shot, and the title if there was one and post the pic in this thread. You don't have to list the date, just try and make sure that you submit ones from each different week :) If this doesn't work out maybe we can try something different next month :) Good luck everyone!!! And let's see lots of nice nominations!!!!

Ok so just checking... this isn't really the May POTM, this is the 20th May to the 20th June POTM......???
Do you reckon that after this month we could get back on a calendar month basis again? So just sort of go from the 21st June to the end of July for the next one?

Meysha said:
Ok so just checking... this isn't really the May POTM, this is the 20th May to the 20th June POTM......???
Do you reckon that after this month we could get back on a calendar month basis again? So just sort of go from the 21st June to the end of July for the next one?

Yep it's May photo of the month b/c we started at an odd time, and so to not leave out photos at the beginning of the month that's why I chose to do it like this. Maybe we can have a two week competition or something to get us on track that way no pics get left out...sound ok?

Yeah two week comp or a six week comp - like i badly explained in my post. Two weeks sounds better.

I think to make things easier, and to avoid waiting and waiting for people to "nominate" photos, this should just be a monthly contest where you enter 1 photo of yours, if you wish. We could just post our entry in a thread. Then you can organize it into a poll when the month is over, and everyone that wants to be in it will be represented. There's so much posting going on here, that lots of great photos don't even get nominated. This way, if people want to join in, it's their own responsibility to enter.

Just a thought. It seems kind of hit or miss as it is now.

that might be a good idea, but i did kind of like the idea of others nominating your photos instead of yourself. if we submit our own, it's just like a mix between the weekly challenge and the monthly theme contests, and it's no longer 'special' i guess. here, can we just keep it the normal way, and if nobody nominates your photo, you can nominate it? or maybe you could pm someone and ask them to nominate it ;)

I see your point Matt, but it was too similiar to Danalecs thread, where you post your favorite photo of the week although it wasn't a competition. And as thebeginning said, it doesn't really seem too much different than the regular monthly competition if we submit our own (except that there is no theme). I agree it is hit and miss, which is why I thought that maybe a weekly nomination would make things a little more equal, and hopefully get a variety of photos. So far this theme seems to be failing...so it may fall off the forum if this isn't successful :lol: I just thought it would be a great way to really show which photos stand out to different folks, and really encourage everyone to think about the pics they like....

In attempt to get this started again...here's my nomination for the week....

23454224-L.jpg

Oh and my nomination was taken by JonMikal, and LizM's was taken by Littleman and titled Beauty. (sorry, set the rules and then I forget to follow them)

Just a reminder to submit your fav photos!!! So far you can have up to two submissions...one from the week of May 20-27, and then next from the 28th-today (4th), so good thru old threads while you're bored and choose your favorite!!!!

Here is mine nomination for the first week: Taken by Mal-Sunset at the top of the highest hill in Athens

AthensMikeJamiesilouhette.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back