Maybe a new section of cities ?

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really enjoy seeing photographs of other cities' downtown areas, skylines, or "show us where you live" type section.

after all this is a global platform, we all would get a glimpse of someplace we have never seen before.

thanks for listening!

I really enjoy seeing photographs of other cities' downtown areas, skylines, or "show us where you live" type section.

after all this is a global platform, we all would get a glimpse of someplace we have never seen before.

thanks for listening!

That would be a good idea for a thread in the themes section. Just start a thread called "chicago pictures' or whatever it is you want to see. I think if you do a search (there is an index stickied at the top of the themes section, too, but probably needs updated) for 'where you live' or 'my hometown' I believe such threads already exist.

I don't think that an entire forum is needed, personally, but would make a good theme thread or two.

I have many pictures of downtown seattle, if you want a skyline, i can easily go to alkai beach and take a few pano's, or just go up on a hill and take the postcard pics.

I have many pictures of downtown seattle, if you want a skyline, i can easily go to alkai beach and take a few pano's, or just go up on a hill and take the postcard pics.

see this is what I'm talkin about. I have never been. I would love to see skyline, downtown pics, or any pics you think show off your great city.

thanks for shooting down my dreams :(

j/k:heart::mrgreen:

Well, other mods may disagree with me. However, I think it would not be an easy forum to keep organized, and there are already other places that fit the bill for this type of thing.

Not shooting down anything anyway...as I said, the themes section could be perfect for it.

I agree with Corry. I think a fun thread in the themes thread would be "Where you live in 5 pictures or less." The idea would be to show what your city is, what it represents, what parts are important, etc. Doesn't even have to be a city. :) Maybe I'll go make that now. :D

Well that's given me my first project to do! Take 5 pictures of NYC to post on here. Definitely something to do in the springtime!

The other day when I posted up some photos that I took of the exterior of Portland International Airport, I put it in the General gallery as I didnt think it would be appropriate in Landscape and Nature, People and Pets or Photojournalism.

I am just thinking out loud here, but what about an "Architecture and Buildings" forum? And from there we could take off on specific cities threads.

Glenn

i'd like to echo altaholic's thoughts on an architecture forum,

but why not be general: 'Built Environment'
afterall buildings/architecture/dwellings are not always in the city

just thinking out-loud again: but if you don't ask you'll never get :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back