McCarty Glacier

Low_Sky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did a little flight seeing last weekend on the way to a fishing spot. Seas were super calm in the Kenai Fjords, so my buddy landed the cub so I could hop out and snag a few stitched panos of the face of the remote McCarty Glacier. I wish I had more time to explore, but the tides were changing and moving the ice floe around and we had to get out while we still had clear water to take off from.

a6500- by Low_Sky, on Flickr

a6500--2 by Low_Sky, on Flickr

a6500-6505149-2 by Low_Sky, on Flickr

Nice shots. I like the last one as it looks a bit like an abstract image. I am wondering how it would look as a high contrast black and white - just curious.

WesternGuy

I wondered the same thing. It would look a lot like this. Without the blue color, I have a hard time telling what it is. Looks like something out of a scanning electron microscope. I think it's a neat image, which is how it made it out of lightroom, but in B&W it doesn't say "glacier" to me anymore.

a6500-6505149 by Low_Sky, on Flickr

...but in B&W it doesn't say "glacier" to me anymore. It doesn't have to if you treat it as an abstract image. You are right - it could be something out of an SEM. I would be willing to bet that if you showed the original image to a large number of people, they probably would not know it was a glacier. Could be a macro shot of a piece of cheese, or just some random dirt, or not. Doesn't matter if it is an abstract image. Anyway, thanks for the conversion and posting it.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back