What's new

Mean and Leaning

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p656941174-4.jpg
 
Neat image, I am very interested in capturing old farm buildings - they are remnants of our past history and I always wonder why they were abandoned. My only concern would be that the sky looks a little too blue - did you use a polarizer for this one?

WesternGuy
 
Ha, pretty cool. I wouldnt stand next to it on a windy day, but pretty cool.
It was kinda scary, with the type of lean that foretold its death. It's very windy around here, so it's just a matter of time until it goes... It might not be there the next time we drive by.

My only concern would be that the sky looks a little too blue - did you use a polarizer for this one?
No filters used. I did work on the sky a bit in post. I know what you mean – I might have gone a tad too far.

Thanks for your comments, guys.
 
Nicely shot, very sharp! It looks like something out of a PIXAR movie.
 
...like one angry bird had hit on the hiding house of that dirty pig ;)
Loved it :D
 
Last edited:
It looks like something out of a PIXAR movie.
If you look again, you'll see that the barn is smiling at you, even though it's missing a front tooth :)

Thanks, Allison and Frequency!
 
It looks like something out of a PIXAR movie.
If you look again, you'll see that the barn is smiling at you, even though it's missing a front tooth :)

Thanks, Allison and Frequency!
I was just going to comment on the face I see. :D It still kills me that you find these places so easily!
 

Nice capture but that house looks like it wants to eat me.
 
Ack, that's just unnerving. I can hear the creaking. :lol:
 
Dang. I keep trying to reach forward and straighten my monitor...

Frederico, on a slightly more serious note, have you considered sharing your shots with the heritage society? I think many of these structures are on their last chapter, so to speak, and after they are gone there'll be no record of what was there before. You may have enough for a good book.
 
Ack, that's just unnerving. I can hear the creaking. :lol:
In this particular case there was no creaking... but it will come, for sure :) I wonder if the support provided by the rock under the left side of the barn (see it in the photo) was partly responsible, after many years, for the lean to the other side.

Frederico, on a slightly more serious note, have you considered sharing your shots with the heritage society? I think many of these structures are on their last chapter, so to speak, and after they are gone there'll be no record of what was there before. You may have enough for a good book.
Your post made me go and search for local heritage society. There is one in Winnipeg, but apparently none one for the rest of Manitoba (which is where i take most of my photos). I'll keep looking, you never know... Thanks for bringing this up.

Thanks, guys.
 
I was just going to comment on the face I see. :D It still kills me that you find these places so easily!

LOL. There is definitely a face there... with a surprised looks like "OH Sh!t I'm about to fall".
I really like to composition, though I seldom like anything so symmetrical or centered. The only think I would suggest is t back off of the saturation in post. Otherwise, I like it. Fun picture.
 
The only think I would suggest is t back off of the saturation in post.
Good point. Although I never add saturation, I do add contrast and that of course tends to enhance the colours. Sometimes I desaturate after adding contrast, but this time I clearly didn't.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom