What's new

Medieval Exe Bridge, Exeter, England.

Nice shot; no HDR feel to it at all. Just looks well exposed.

Not sure the composition does much for me; can't decide what the subject is...

Also, maybe consider shifting the cyan's slightly (5-10) points towards ultramarine. It was a tip I was given for cloudy sky and I've found it can work pretty well.
 
Thanks; it was the least traditional composition I did of the bridge ... I think breaking up the frame into geometric shapes worked well ... that big triangle of sky for example ... but all the lines lead the eye ... to nothing, or something out of view.

I know what you mean about the HDR feel ... I've experimented a bit with free HDR software, and still can't come up with anything that feels natural to me. Instead I blend my different exposures (one for sky, one for the rest) "manually" in my graphics software.

I just gave the sky colour shift a little try on the hue map; definitely worth a go.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom