Medium-format slide film

j_mcquillen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightinthesky.co.uk
Having shot 35mm slides for a while now, I'm looking to upgrade to medium format (can't afford a decent digiltal SLR... yet), but I have a quick query.

When you get medium format slides processed, do they mount them as they do with 35mm? Also, are medium-format projectors readily available?

The lab I've used doesn't mount them. I get back a positive film strip that can be stored however I wish. All you can do is inquire at your lab. Typically slides in this format are being used to make color enlargements with, so mounting would hamper that. :)

I'm fairly sure you can get a projector for them; might be on the expensive side. Click on one of the store links here (B&H, et al); do a search in the store for possibilities.

I think typically they just come from the lab as a strip of film, but I do know there do exist mounts for different MF frame sizes; I remember seeing them last time I was at the B&H store in New York. They look just like 35mm mounts, but bigger. So I'm sure it's possible, but it just doesn't seem to be common practice.

i dont ask them to mount
just simply cut it and put in plastic sleeve.

(becoz i see my slide at light box)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back