Meet Tank

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"Hank the herons" evil twin, "Tank the heron." Tank is a bully and he hates everyone and everything. Misread the look in his eye and you could be in trouble.

I captured this sequence while walking along the most western part of Anna Maria Island this morning. I noticed the gbh was watching this little bird (a sanderling I believe) very intently and acting like it was going to strike at it so I prepared and caught the whole act. I've never seen this behavior before, it's very unusual .... and Tank is one bad birdie. The wee one got away and seemed unharmed. This is only part of the sequence, I'll post the rest soon.

11142202-studio.jpg

11142207-studio.jpg

11142238-studio.jpg

11142281-studio.jpg

11142306-studio.jpg

11142308-studio-2-studio.jpg

11142309-studio-2-studio-studio.jpg

11142310-studio-2--studio.jpg

11142311-studio-studio.jpg

11142312-studio-3.jpg

Last edited:
Tank? FFS!!! I hate it when we try to humanise wild creatures 🙄😁

Herons are aggressive, greedy creatures and will eat anything they can get over there scrawny necks and often try victims they cannot. So, this behaviour don't surprise me.

I do not like them as a species, they can be very destructive but they do make great photographic subjects as depicted here.

Great action set. Well done me ole China.

Lovely set- I feel for the Sanderling :(

Nice action set! That's one very aggressive Heron. Poor little Sanderling; bet it won't make that mistake again.

Tank? FFS!!! I hate it when we try to humanise wild creatures 🙄😁

Herons are aggressive, greedy creatures and will eat anything they can get over there scrawny necks and often try victims they cannot. So, this behaviour don't surprise me.

I do not like them as a species, they can be very destructive but they do make great photographic subjects as depicted here.

Great action set. Well done me ole China
Your peeve is your peeve, I care (not!). Have a great day, Bubba! Oh, and thanks!

Your peeve is your peeve, I care (not!). Have a great day, Bubba! Oh, and thanks!
I care not that you care not. I've had a great day. Spent it with my daughter and granddaughter and visited my mum in hospital. The only downside is my wife's on the way home :p

I care not that you care not. I've had a great day. Spent it with my daughter and granddaughter and visited my mum in hospital. The only downside is my wife's on the way home :p
I knew that but it had to be said. :wink-6: I hope your mum gets well soon. Don't know what to say about the wife. You're a tuff guy, you can deal with it.

I knew that but it had to be said. :wink-6: I hope your mum gets well soon. Don't know what to say about the wife. You're a tuff guy, you can deal with it.
I've never claimed to be tough, just effin mental😁😁😁😁

I shall forward your regards to my mum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back