Memorial day weekend fun.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some of the photos from our Memorial weekend. I made it a point to get some portraits of my Grandmother this weekend. The others area some of my favorites.

1.) I woke up early on Saturday as the sun was starting to come up through the trees.

Memorial Day Fish Fry-1.jpg by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2.) We had overcast skys and I thought I would take one of my wife. I think this one needed some fill for her eyes. What do you think?

Memorial Day Fish Fry-21.jpg by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3.) I started the portraits with my Grandmother with my cousin and his daughter. This is probably my favorite photo that I took all weekend.

Memorial Day Fish Fry-81.jpg by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4.) And the last is of sunset. This is something that I am still working to get right (sunrise and sunset) but I am pretty sure that it is the long exposure that gives you the results that I am wanting.

Memorial Day Fish Fry-43.jpg by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Indeed you may use flash with diffuser to add "lights" in her eyes (photo #2).
Also I would think about some foreground for the images #1 and 4. The road on the 4th image does some work for this, but not enough IMHO.

Thanks PeterN. I can see what you mean about #1 and 4. I see what you are saying. Next time I'm down there, I will try a different location. (I think it could benefit from using a wider angle lens too, but I do not currently have one.) I was trying to capture just the sun rise and sun set without any structure included. I actually would have trashed #4 had the power lines not been concealed so well in the dark cloud.

Thanks PeterN. I can see what you mean about #1 and 4. I see what you are saying. Next time I'm down there, I will try a different location. (I think it could benefit from using a wider angle lens too, but I do not currently have one.) I was trying to capture just the sun rise and sun set without any structure included. I actually would have trashed #4 had the power lines not been concealed so well in the dark cloud.
Well, I believe you can remove the power lines in several minutes with accurate use of Clone tool.
Regarding the composition of these images: this is the human eye+brain feature to concentrate on the most interesting part of the scene (sunset) when looking into it. Unfortunately the whole image gets to this focus of interest later when reviewing: with all missing or excessive details omitted during the shooting step :).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back