What's new

Mental Asylum Nursery

John Godwin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Shot taken from the childrens ward of a derelict mental asylum

wlum8y.jpg
 
Last edited:
Perfect, love the angle and the mood.
 
I like the broken stuff on the ground, but I don't like the angle. Maybe a vertical shot would have been better.
 
Thanks for the comments guys.

You don't think the image would've looked a bit too static if all the lines were going up?

If I don't have an obvious human element in the picture, or I have a picture where I'm trying to convey tension, I feel a slight diagonal tilt helps portray that.
 
I think the angle definately adds a human element to it. The tilt is as if the viewer is peeking into the doorway. The light thing on the right really adds interest to the empty-ish right side of the image. Overall I really like it.
 
oh f-in-hell that's creepy.

NICE shot.

Awesome angle, composition... everything. GREAT.
 
I seriously love this. I keep looking at it.

You need to print this and frame it.
 
GREAT shot. I LOVE the angle - really artistic. Like manaheim said print this and hang it... if its not to scary :) . You can make some $$$ off this
 
We're having this big debate on the chat about whether or not a tilt in this shot is either necessary or appropriate. I say yes. However, some would say no. As a result of this conversation, we decided to try to un-tilt it for comparison.

I did a quick and dirty job just to get an idea. It borks the image up a little bit, but should give enough of a sense. I hope you an forgive the edit. Your profile doesn't specify your preference.

creepycrib.jpg
 
Wow I just noticed the painted figures behind the crib on the wall. DAMN that's creepy.

I need to get a print of this from OP... right after I get one of invisible's lily. :lol:
 
god that's creepy. great job. i normally dont approve of tilts, but that one is perfect. it sets the mood. it gives a sense of disorientation.
 
Thanks for the comments guys.

You don't think the image would've looked a bit too static if all the lines were going up?

If I don't have an obvious human element in the picture, or I have a picture where I'm trying to convey tension, I feel a slight diagonal tilt helps portray that.

Maybe your right. I'd still compose a tilt vertically, you would have to go back there to find out; for me to find out :lol:
 
Thanks for all the comments guys

We're having this big debate on the chat about whether or not a tilt in this shot is either necessary or appropriate. I say yes. However, some would say no. As a result of this conversation, we decided to try to un-tilt it for comparison.

I did a quick and dirty job just to get an idea. It borks the image up a little bit, but should give enough of a sense. I hope you an forgive the edit. Your profile doesn't specify your preference.

creepycrib.jpg

hmm, after seeing this, I'm in two minds. I still prefer the diagonal tilt, but this one works as well. Maybe not as well, but it's hard to be subjective when you took the picture lol :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom