Mettams Beach

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
mettams.jpg

Yeah, another wonderful looking shot. Beautifully framed and excellently lit with the right amount of shutter speed.

Love this type of shot, the land the sea, I always tried to get the water running back into the sea (preference) but great job of catching the breaks and not losing it with overly long exposure (another thing I’m guilty of).
It’s a beautiful shot but two things keep getting me, the seaweed in front is cut off and the dark shore falloff is like to see fall out of the corner of the frame.
These are of course preferences of mine and don’t take away from some more great work !

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Lovely, nice light......

Thanks very much Jeff

Yeah, another wonderful looking shot. Beautifully framed and excellently lit with the right amount of shutter speed.

Thank you. I am trying to keep some motion in the waves and try not to make them look like fog. I am also trying to avoid making the ocean itself look flat like ice. As I shoot in manual mode with these and leave the ISO at 100 or 200 it's a balancing act between shutter speed and aperture combined with an ND filter.

Love this type of shot, the land the sea, I always tried to get the water running back into the sea (preference) but great job of catching the breaks and not losing it with overly long exposure (another thing I’m guilty of).
It’s a beautiful shot but two things keep getting me, the seaweed in front is cut off and the dark shore falloff is like to see fall out of the corner of the frame.
These are of course preferences of mine and don’t take away from some more great work !

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..
Thanks very much. It's always a judgement call as to what I leave in the frame and what is "cut off". I try and decide what the most important elements are and include them at the expense of others.
I would not have wanted to include more of the seaweed and have less space and cloud above the rock formation. Obviously in this case I could have removed the seaweed from the image or perhaps cut it out by giving the image more of a 16 x 9 crop but it doesn't really bother me that much.

Lovely, nice light......

Thanks very much Jeff

Thank you. I am trying to keep some motion in the waves and try not to make them look like fog. I am also trying to avoid making the ocean itself look flat like ice. As I shoot in manual mode with these and leave the ISO at 100 or 200 it's a balancing act between shutter speed and aperture combined with an ND filter.

Thanks very much. It's always a judgement call as to what I leave in the frame and what is "cut off". I try and decide what the most important elements are and include them at the expense of others.
I would not have wanted to include more of the seaweed and have less space and cloud above the rock formation. Obviously in this case I could have removed the seaweed from the image or perhaps cut it out by giving the image more of a 16 x 9 crop but it doesn't really bother me that much.

Just out of interest as I can never see any Exif details on this Forum for some reason, what shutter speed did toy use? Looks to be around the 1-2 second region I'd guess.

Lovely, nice light......

Thanks very much Jeff

Just out of interest as I can never see any Exif details on this Forum for some reason, what shutter speed did toy use? Looks to be around the 1-2 second region I'd guess.
I just had a look in Light Room. 0.6 sec @ f5.6. ISO:200. 8mm (micro 4/3).

Lovely, nice light......

Thanks very much Jeff

I just had a look in Light Room. 0.6 sec @ f5.6. ISO:200. 8mm (micro 4/3).

Cheers, thanks.

What else is there to say, just beautiful! I love everything about it, especially the shark @ 9 o'clock ..... nah, just some rocks ... bummer. :upset:

What else is there to say, just beautiful! I love everything about it, especially the shark @ 9 o'clock ..... nah, just some rocks ... bummer. :upset:

Thanks very much Kirk. One day I will get a shark in an image for you! Hopefully not to close to me though! lol

Thanks very much Kirk. One day I will get a shark in an image for you! Hopefully not to close to me though! lol

Ha! Just don't let yourself become a casualty that's written off as another case of mistaken identity ... keep your glasses on so no one can say the shark thought you were a seal. (jk) ;)But, I know you aren't going anywhere near them so no worries.

Ha! Just don't let yourself become a casualty that's written off as another case of mistaken identity ... keep your glasses on so no one can say the shark thought you were a seal. (jk) ;)But, I know you aren't going anywhere near them so no worries.

Have no fear, I am a devout coward ;)

That's a belter, composition is great with the surf forming a leading line, a little bit of foreground interest with the seaweed, the framing is deliberate, great colours, good balance between capturing the movement of the water and keeping a bit of structure in there, great light with some nice long shadows and the golden sunset illuminating those rocks.

Superb shot.

That's a belter, composition is great with the surf forming a leading line, a little bit of foreground interest with the seaweed, the framing is deliberate, great colours, good balance between capturing the movement of the water and keeping a bit of structure in there, great light with some nice long shadows and the golden sunset illuminating those rocks.

Superb shot.

Thanks very much for the detailed critique. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back