Midnight Drive

phantompablo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I'm new to this forum and have been wanting someplace to get feedback/critiques on pictures so it looks like I have found a good spot. Please let me know what you all think and what you would have done different.

Taken with a digital Rebel, 30 second exposure with one hand held flash on the right where the car is outlined. No photoshop.

Midnightdrive.jpg

Not too bad. The headlights (lower LH corner) are a bit overexposed, but the rest of the shot looks pretty good. Ill have to double-check this when I get home tonight, my work monitor is garbage. :grumpy: Overall it looks to be pretty cool. Doing a little touge-style run are we? :mrgreen:

How would you keep the headlights from overexposing with such a long shutter?

I like this, it awsome

the problem is that the lights are longer in that area of the screen, wether its a slow turn, or he stopped I dont know.

maybye repositioning the camera so you gont get this corner would fix it..

or--

since the rest of the shot is bright enough, I would shoot it 2 stops underexposed, or better yet shoot raw and take the exposure down till it looks better and up the brightness a little bit.

Thanks! Next overcast day in LA I'll try to reshoot it.

You could also hover the burn tool over the exposed highlights to dull them a little bit. Sometimes it isn't possible to correct it with the burn tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back