Mighty Mountain & more

ArtByQJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artbyqj.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot from my visit to Rocky Mountain National Park in April. My first time west of the Mississippi. I enjoyed it there. I posted about 20 more photos on my blog! Would like some tips on how to deal with bright sunlight some of the photos looked washed out. Auto correct helped but I am thinking probably need to shoot with a filter

Also any thoughts on how to enhance the horse picture?!?!?

see the rest of them here artbyqj.com

Enjoy

Sprague Lake - Rocky Mountain National Park by Art by QJ, on Flickr

Nice Scenic composition.

As for dealing with high contrast conditions, you can go a couple of ways. I always carry a graduated ND filter to deal with bright, sunny skies. Most of the time these days, I opt for HDR Imaging, using the default image that Photomatrix Pro creates as a TIFF file. Then I edit the file with Nikon Capture NX 2.3. My goal is always to create the most realistic HDR image I can.

From a subject standpoint, and not a techincal view, it really captures the Rockies. There is so much more in the Rocky Mountains than just mountain peaks. Your image captures a more diverse representation than just focusing on the mountains.

Kayak said:
From a subject standpoint, and not a techincal view, it really captures the Rockies. There is so much more in the Rocky Mountains than just mountain peaks. Your image captures a more diverse representation than just focusing on the mountains.

Thanks Kayak!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back