Milkweed Sunset

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i saw a beautiful field ive been waiting to take shots of and finally some nice light was on it.

MWYJ0359bwsm.jpg

MWYJ0340sm.jpg

MWYJ0335sm.jpg

Last edited:
#1 is stunning! I can see why you wanted to shoot it :) Although both 2 & 3 are nice shots, they are kinda plain.

wow, awesome set. number one is fantastic! very very nice.

The first shot is very nice.

but

If I may take a moment here to diverge from the topic of pictures and instead talk about titles. This title is a classic amateur error. No, it's not a matter of style or personal whatever. It's an error...a semantic/grammatical error that wasn't committed on purpose but "descriptively" strung together without forethought of it's meaning. It's classic, really. How did I know that this would be simply a photo of some milkweed and a sunset? Because you just put the two words in the title, in a way a lot of people these days seem to be doing although it's meaningless and its breaking of grammatical rules isn't really intentional. "Milkweed and Sunset" would be a more appropriate title. That actually describes the image. Yet "Milkweed Sunset" uses milkweed as an adjective describing the sunset. That doesn't make any sense: The sunset is milkweedy? Milkweed-like? Evocative of milkweed? Don't take it personally. I mean no offense. Just something to think about.

photographers view things so literally!!!! whilst the expression Milkweed and Sunset would be more correct in a technical sense, it has a certain steril and dispassionate feel about it. it doesn't seem to role off the tongue quite so fluidly. titles can evoke feelings about a piece and can even change the observer's impression of the work. FOr instance, this image is not of milkweed on one hand, and a sunset on the other. it's an image that captures how the sunset touches the milkweed and makes it glow. in turn the glowing milkweed enhances the overall beauty of the sunset scene. They are sharing a form of symbiotic reletionship that in fact unify them into one single event; a milkweed sunset.

you just made that all up.

#1 is very nice, I bet it looks good in color as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back