Mini Maglite?

RebelChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok So i have a mini maglite, and would LOVE to see what i can do with it for effect. Ive seen it used before , but am trying to see if there is any suggested settings i should use. Id be shooting in Manual on an XTI with kit lens. the room would be completely dark except for the maglight on mu subject.

I've heard of a technique where if the room is dark enough and you're wearing all black you can move the light around to get an abstract-ish kind of shot. Not sure if that's what you're going for. I've never tried it though so I can't really provide more info than that idea.

although that picture was sweet. I was talking more of spotlighting with only a mini mag...

i was just trying what has been done in the picture and all the picture i took trying shutter speeds of 3 seconds to 15 seconds and all apertures came out almost bright white all over the image

i was just trying what has been done in the picture and all the picture i took trying shutter speeds of 3 seconds to 15 seconds and all apertures came out almost bright white all over the image

More information will be needed to figure out what went wrong. Playing with shutter speeds and apertures isn't the whole story... you still need an appropriate exposure. If you see all white, my guess is that your are way over exposing.

Wow thats so much better than my attempt LOL Ilove how you can see her clearly too

Long shutter captures the light dragging and a little of the model's motion blur. It is the flash at the end of the exposure that captures the model's final position clearly.

yes... there's a lot of fun with slow exposures and handheld lights. You can literally "paint" in the areas to be exposed. This is one way to tell the story of motion...

figured it out

had my ISO too high

2494951301_6382f19e34_o.jpg

dont quite understand what thats supposed to say SBlanca :D

i tried writing my gfs name but failed

its really hard :D

Most reactions

Back