Minneapolis night shots - New 35W Bridge

DanCanon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out the other night and took many pics but most of them came out blurry. It was so cold I didn't want to use my tripod much so only a hand full turned out. Hopefully I will be posting more in the near future. C&C always welcome.

3211815682_f2ae487136_b.jpg

3211815774_02bfa40a7d_b.jpg

3211815846_5547cc257e_b.jpg

3210970285_20def279fb_b.jpg

Flickr: chessbored7108's Photostream

Nice, the first two are very good. The compositions are interesting and they capture the bridge in its now eerie color.

I'd like to use a larger aperture next time as well. I had it wide open on the first two, thinking maybe thats not the best way to do it.

you need a tripod for most night photography. period. maybe you can get more out of the first two if you run an unsharp mask and noiseninja filter over it though.

When your aperture was already "wide open", how can you make it even larger?
You mean you'll try with a SMALLER aperture next time (which automatically has a HIGHER number), don't you? And you should. And a low ISO - and the tripod, no matter the cold. That bridge is worth another night of exploration with the camera, I think!

I meant larger number aperture. I shot them all at ISo 100. i'll definitely be going back more prepared. one of the legs on my tripod also broke recently but I can still use it for the most part, just have to be extra careful.

WOW!

I'm in Minneapolis and I didn't even know the new bridge lit up like that. Now I want to get out and shoot some pics of it.

wow you made that life to it

cool bridge. like everyone else is saying... explore it again with a tripod. also in that first picture, if you re-take that shot maybe you can leave that small building on the left out of the picture (or crop it out). It is a bit distracting, or atleast I think so.
Is that the new bridge to replace the one that collapsed a while back?

Yeah, thats the new 35W bridge to replace the one that collapsed. It also blew our states transportation budget. I see the results in the unusually poor snow removal this year.

Oh well. It's a nice bridge I guess... lol

Most reactions

Back