Mirror, Mirror...

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I was a little bored waiting in for the plumber, so I sat in my daughter's sensory room and took some shots...The glitter/mirror ball caught my attention.
I have colour versions, but was messing with B&W and got these two which I quite like...

Shot with the wrong lens, in the wrong light, I think...but,

What do you think?

glitter ball 1 Mono 2 PP by Bend The Light, on Flickr

glitter ball 1 Mono PP by Bend The Light, on Flickr

both looks good.... what is it? just a bunch of mirrors on the wall?

Second is more sharp; but first is more artistic; some colour if reflected in some squares would make it wonderful i think

Regards :D

I have the colour version, too. It was actually the colour that attracted me in the first place, as there were lots of different colours.

I will look it out...

both looks good.... what is it? just a bunch of mirrors on the wall?

It's basically one of those mirror balls you used to see in ballrooms or discos.
My daughter has special needs, and this is one of the items whe has in her sensory room...her room with lights, sounds, textures, and fibre optics, etc. :)

you should try to put an assortment of lights on it, create a disco'y kind of shot ;)

you should try to put an assortment of lights on it, create a disco'y kind of shot ;)

Well, it rotates, and we have a light shining on it which changes colour...just need to get in there and do some shots, really. Trouble is getting close in low light. My zoom is not fast, and my fast lenses are not long. :)
I might be able to move a few bits from the floor to get closer, maybe with a stepladder. ;)

I like the second one more! Interesting shot!

I appreciate the softness of the first picture. The second one just jumps out at you too much b/c it's sharp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back