Mischief makers

stoic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A picture of two sisters, my grandchildren.

Stoic

Mischiekmakers.jpg

Very pretty girls. They're going to break some hearts in the future! Good lighting in this shot. The colors seem a little soft though and the focus is a little off. Also, I'm not sure the crop of both girls' shoulders works for me. Maybe try a little more work in PP to make the shot pop.

I like the composition, though I (like emptypockets) might have been a little less aggressive on the crop. Not much, but some.

The picture seems almost intentionally soft... is that on purpose?

I would point you to my diatribe on sharpening in EW1066's post :lol: but it looks like an actual focus choice/issue.

Hmmm... now I'm looking at it again. Maybe it really IS a sharpening thing. You don't happen to be using a Nikon D80 do you??? :)

Hi Chris

The softening effect was deliberate. And the crop. The softening was done with a 'dreamy soft effect' free download. Actually the original looks a bit too sharp. It was taken with a manual focus SLR Nikon last year so we can't blame the D80. I also have to confess that I do own a Nikon D80 now and love it!

Hi Chris

The softening effect was deliberate. And the crop. The softening was done with a 'dreamy soft effect' free download. Actually the original looks a bit too sharp. It was taken with a manual focus SLR Nikon last year so we can't blame the D80. I also have to confess that I do own a Nikon D80 now and love it!

Ah, so my original take was right, but it was an after-shot processing effect. Well... cool! :)

Yeah the D80 is really a -sweet- camera. I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to seriously get into the hobby/profession but doesn't want to dive into the "bigger" cams.

If an old man may make a comment, the soft focus made me think my eyes were off. In a close up such as this I think that you went too far in softening. I understand the reason for softness in portraits, but this was just a hair too much for my taste. But... if it was what you pictured when you took the picture, so be it.
Judge Sharpe

Begging your Pardon, Your Honour. I would hate to "make an old man UNhappy". In my own defence might I plead that...
:er: I was only experimenting with my free download but it seems I took it too far. Thank you all for your constructive comments.

Chris, please don't call my D80 'SWEET'! Bad as calling a man 'sweet'. You wouldn't like that would you? I have used a friend's D100 also but prefer my own D80 as it fits better in my 'tiny hand'.:D

To me, it is a bit too soft.

I'd also crop it just above the 'Paris', because, IMO, the "too much below"
is somewhat distracting, but then, they are not my grandchildren... :wink:

Begging your Pardon, Your Honour. I would hate to "make an old man UNhappy". In my own defence might I plead that...
:er: I was only experimenting with my free download but it seems I took it too far. Thank you all for your constructive comments.

Chris, please don't call my D80 'SWEET'! Bad as calling a man 'sweet'. You wouldn't like that would you? I have used a friend's D100 also but prefer my own D80 as it fits better in my 'tiny hand'.:D

It was more of a Cartman from South Park kinda sweet.
"sweeeeeeeeeeet..." :D

And yeah, I would take it as a compliment. :)

However, for the South Park-challenged: I think the D80 is a great camera (and by the way it kicks the crud out of the poor aged D100, which is still a great cam despite its age... note my signature.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back