What's new

Misty Barn - please C & C

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
656
Reaction score
13
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks for looking!

4771965676_608f485ca5_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
"Oh, what a beautiful morning" (Oklahoma by Rodgers/Hammerstein)

I tell you what: had I come by this very scene at the very same moment, I'd probably taken the very same photo myself, too!
 
Here is a sepia version. Which one do y'all prefer?

Jon

4771383703_dc53a4b9ba_b.jpg
 
why such a massive halo around the trees on the left? Was this an accidental photomatix thing? Because i can see the halo's around many other objects, but above the trees is glaringly obvious
 
why such a massive halo around the trees on the left?

Yeah, I see it now that you pointed it out. It's the result of using Lightroom's graduated filter on the sky. I think maybe if I pull the filter down just a bit farther, that may help. I'll give it a try.

JackJames & Coughlin - thanks!

Jon
 
Here's my effort on trying to reduce the halo:

4772919540_4eecbbd2d2_b.jpg
 
Much, much better :D what did it look like without the simulated GND? Care to post?
 
I love the first one, not so much the sepia. I like how dark the sky is and it really has a lot of depth. IT's not just a flat grey sky.
 
Much, much better :D what did it look like without the simulated GND? Care to post?

Without the graduated filter the sky had very little detail - I absolutely hate boring skies. I'll post the lame-O sky image when I get a chance.

By the way, I got lucky with the fog being there. I got up at 0530 that morning so I'd be out at sunrise, the fog was a bonus. It disappeared pretty quickly, though. After this shot, I took several more and, looking at the series, you can see the fog fading away.

Jon
 
I love the first Sepia one! Beautiful seen. Maybe it's because I'm a novice, but I actually like the halo around the trees even though it's considered "bad". It gives depth and separates the landscape from the sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom