mixed bag

molsen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for a walk around my apartment complex today with my nifty fifty. here's what I came back with.... c&c please! (click for larger versions)

I hope 'mixed bag' wasn't refering to quality, those are awsome ! Absolutely love the first 5, the PP work is excellent. Colours are so rich and composition is great ! :D

Gotta love the fifty ;)

thank you!

i meant mixed bag of subjects

b/t 1 and 2, i like the composition and backdrop in #2 better, but i like the cobwebs in #1. can I ask which you prefer?

Hmmm tough one. The light background on #2 brings out areas of sharpness but, like you say, the cobwebs are really cool.

For me, probably #1 is better, but perhaps with a slightly tighter crop on the right edge (only slight, 30-40px maybe at the posted size).

4 is brilliant. Take out the white stick and you're golden.

The texture between the metal and the leather is fantastic, with a simple balance that makes a solid composition.

everything else is kind of mediocre in comparison because of the generally centered compositions.

thanks for the responses...you dont like the centered stuff? how would you suggest i compose them instead. are you referring to the rule of thirds? arrgggh i hate that because...wel... lol that doesn't always work. #3, for example.....there is no other possible way to frame that shot. i can definitely see a benefit in changing the cropping of #5. i required your expertise, sir switch!

rule of thirds:

better?

the cat pic follows the rule, and the second one follows it as much as i can without cutting off leaves

im really drawn to #4. but i dont have a reason why. i just love it!

thanks!

here it is without the distracting stick:

image00036.png

rule of thirds:

better?

the cat pic follows the rule, and the second one follows it as much as i can without cutting off leaves

That's exactly what I'm talking about, the rule of thirds! See how the Bokeh balances out the subject, with the long highlight almost pointing to the subject? It brings the eye into the frame, thus making it more compelling.

thanks!

here it is without the distracting stick:

image00036.png
Deluxe
:pimp:

Most reactions

Back